Things become more and easier, now you can print anything from your iPhone And iPad. If you spent your maximum time on your iOS device, like an iPhone or iPad, there is good news : you can print wirelessly from your device to your printer with nice feature, which called AirPrint.
Methods to Print from iPhone and iPad
To print any document, photo, contacts or anything, first of all you have to set up your printer, then printing is possible
Step 1 : First of all you have to check Is your printer is AirPrint-compatible? – The user of the printer has to check that, he will be able to use AirPrint or not, if the printer is AirPrint-compatible, then the setup will be easier. Now only you have to Go to the Apple support page and check the printer is listed as one of the compatible devices.
- In the case of ‘Yes’, then : AirPrint setup is very simple. Only you have to Connect your iOS device such as iPad or iPhone and that printer will be connected to the same WI-FI network.
To test the connection, you have to open up a note in the native Notes app. Now click on the action button and select “Print.” Now your printer should appear as the selected device. If not, then you have to tap the Printer field, that allow your device to scan, now you have to tap the printer name when it appears.
After that you have to Click on the Print option and your print command will works and yours selected note should be sent to the printer. The transfer speed will vary, because it depends on your Wi-Fi network, but it’s surprisingly fast.
- Or In the case of ‘No’, then : If in the case your printer is not compatible with AirPrint. Then you have to download the programs which trick your IOS device into thinking that any printer connected to your desktop which is AirPrint-compatible. So that your device will communicate directly to the printer.
O’Print is compatible with Windows PC’s, And for the Mac users HandyPrint is available for them.
Step 2 : Once the program is installed, then that program will display a list of printers which are installed on your system. Now you have to enable them ones, to want to print to from your Apple device (iPhone or iPad). The program also supports the multiple number of printers, then it depends on you, what is your choice.
For testing the connections, you have to open up a note in the native Notes app. Now click on the action button and select “Print.” Now your printer should appear as the selected device. If not, then you have to tap the Printer field, that allow your device to scan, now you have to tap the printer name when it appears. Click on Print option, and your note or any other document, image or contact should be sent to the printer almost immediately. The transfer speed will vary depending on your WI-Fi network and your print will come out of the printer
Note :For this setup to work, your computer must stay powered on and connected to the same WI-FI network as your iOS devices.
Apps which support the AirPrint feature –
- Google Maps – Print out maps and driving directions.
- Instapaper- Get a hard copy of an article or blog.
- Evernote – Any of your notes can be printed out.
- Safari – Print an entire Web page using the action button at the top of the browser.
- iWork – Get paper versions of any Keynote, Pages, and Numbers.
- How to Cook Everything- You can print the recipes and shopping lists from your iPad
Print (Print to all Printers)– “AirPrint is not to be required”
“Print” is a iOS app which enables you to quickly and easily print out photos, contacts, & phone numbers – or print out web pages to read later from your iPhone or iPad. If you would like to print e-mail, documents, calendars then you also convert into PDF – then “Print n Share“. The “Print” will enable you to print directly to the widest range of network or WiFi printers that is available in any app, without a computer or AirPrint. It is not a free app, to this app you have to pay $1.99 which is reasonable. You can download the app from here!
- You can also select and print multiple number of contacts
- Select and print multiple photos
- Print shipping, address & other labels using Dymo 400 & 450 LabelWriters
- Print photos any size your printer supports
- Take a picture and print it
- Print via Wi-Fi or cell network is possible
- Print quickly and easily from your iPhone & iPod Touch
- Print remotely back to your office or home printer
- Print using from Google Cloud Print
- Print via your computer to ALL printers including USB & Bluetooth printers