We all are using mobile phones in our daily life and some time are not happy from the network provider. And if you want to change your network provide without changing your number and you belongs to India, then this is very helpful for you. In India, the TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) has provided the feature to the telecom customers of the MNP without changing the number. Now there is a process with the help of that you can take profit of this.
First of all you have to request for Porting
- Contact the new mobile service provider to whom you want to port your mobile number.
- Obtain Customer Acquisition Form (CAF) & Porting Form.
- Read the eligibility, probable reasons for porting rejection and other conditions carefully.
- If eligible, fill up the CAF and Porting Form. For filling up of porting form you need a ‘Unique Porting Code’ (UPC)
- To obtain UPC send SMS from the mobile number you want to port to the number ‘1900’ with text ‘PORT’ followed by space followed by your 10 digit mobile number you want to port. [As Pre-paid SMS is not permitted, in Jammu & Kashmir the subscriber has to dial ‘1900’ to get an UPC, the operator at ‘1900’ provide the UPC after verifying subscriber number with CLI].
- It may be noted that you will receive an auto generated 8 digits UPC from the Donor operator. The first two characters of the UPC consists of ‘Alphabets’ and remaining 6 digits will be numerical characters except zero. The UPC is valid for 15 days (30 days in case of J&K, NE & Assam Service Areas).
- Submit the duly filled Porting Form and CAF along with requisite documentary proof to the mobile service provider.
- If you are a post paid subscriber, submit a paid copy of the last bill issued along with Porting Form and CAF.
- Obtain new SIM card from the new service provider
- Service provider may charge porting charge maximum up to j 19/- You can withdraw your porting request within 24 hrs of applying. However, the porting charge is non-refundable.
Activation of the Port Number
- Now your new mobile service provider will intimate you the date & time of porting on your mobile phone.
- Change over takes place on the 7th working day (15th working day in case of Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and North East service areas).
- The service disruption time shall be around 2 hrs during night time of the date/time of porting.
- Replace the old SIM with the new SIM provided by your new mobile service provider after the specified date and time
Note : You are allowed to move to another mobile service provider only after 90 days of the date of activation of your mobile connection or from the date of last porting of your mobile number. And you can change mobile service provider within the same area or circle only.