This is the device when Apple has started giving unique products to this planet. The first Apple device to support 3G network launched back in 2008 running on iOS 4.2.1. But now iOS has updated to 7.1 and also released its 6th successor as iPhone 5S which I think a great achievement for any company.
As you are still running on outdated iOS so I have some tips for you to get the latest one easily by Jailbreaking this device. However Jailbreaking is unofficial but it allows you to get updated unofficially by installing Cydia tweaks on your device.
A very good working method Jailbreaking your device is RedSn0w 0.9.6 beta 1. Earlier this was only able to work on Mac but developer has mad this able to help your device get Jailbroken.
This tutorial is only for iPhone 3G model, if you have device other than this, I request you please don’t follow this procedure.
How to JailBreak iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 using RedSn0w
- First update your iTunes to latest 10.o version, don’t go further without checking this.
- Get iOS 4.1 for iPhone 3G and RedSn0w 0.9.6 beta 1 for Windows to your PC from here.
- Now you first task is to update your existing iOS to version 4.1 using iTunes.
- Run RedSn0w and tap “Browse”. Look for the version 4.1 you downloaded to your PC in step 2. Go Next. RedSn0w you will see something called “prepare jailbreak data”.
- Here you will get several options to go for, first of all select “install Cydia“, you can also select other options out there depending on your requirements. If you select multitasking option, your device might get slow.
- Now follow on screen instructions by turning off your iPhone, press next to get into the DFU mode, here also follow on screen instructions an hold down the power and home button simultaneously for 10 seconds. After that, release the power button while still holding the home button until your iPhone reboots.
- Now RedSn0w starts working and wait for few seconds until your device restarts once again.
That’s it, You have successfully Jailbroken your iPhone 3G. For any query and doubts, throw a comment below, I will sure get back to them.