Rooting an Android smartphone offers tons of new incredible potential of customization in our own way like flashing the custom ROMs, can grab rooted apps, outstanding themes, and so on. Not just that, we can also improve the handsets performance and additionally update.
No doubt, Playing with a rooted Android smartphone is really great. But sometimes things started getting worse after rooting or flashing Custom ROM, so in order to overcome from those situation you need to unroot your Android device and then install again the stock ROM to get back to your previous condition.
If you are also not feeling great with the rooted Samsung Galaxy S5?? or getting unwanted issues after doing this?? whatever the reason, here I will guide you how to install Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 suitable for all carriers.
Before you begin
- Make sure that you have created complete backup of your data and personal files because after restoring you will loss all your existing data which you cannot recover thereafter.
- Don’t forget to enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy S5, you will find this option under Settings panel.
- Make sure that you have charged your device up to 70%.
- Install Samsung Galaxy USB drivers from official Samsung website or download Moborobo tool.
Files to download
Note: To download the appropriate file on your computer, first check your device’s model by going to the Settings->About Phone.
1. Download Odin3.09
2. Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5
- SM-G900A (AT&T)
- SM-G900F (Snapdragon)
- SM-G900H (Exynos Octa)
- SM-G900T (Snapdragon/T-Mobile)
- SM-G900P (Sprint)
- SM-G900V (Verizon)
How to install Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5
Step 1: Make sure that you have arranged everything to get started with the process. Download both Odin3.09 and Stock ROM for your device to your desktop.
Step 2: Extract the downloaded file in a folder
Step 3: Now switch off your device and then restart it into download mode, to do so press and hold Volume Down+Home button and then press Power button, if you see Android logo on your screen press again Power button to conform.
Step 4: Launch Odin.exe on your desktop and connect your device to your PC using USB cable, the tool you are using will automatically detect your device.
Step 5: Browse the file to the Odin tool as per the name specified there.
- Tap on “PDA/AP” and browse file with “CODE” in its name.
- Tap on “Phone” and browse file with “MODEM” in its name.
- Tap on “CSC” and browse file with “CSC” in its name.
- Tap on “PIT” and browse “.pit” file.
Except the first file if you getting difficulties finding other files, leave them as it is.
Step 6: Make sure that F.Reset and Auto Reboot option is checked, leave other as it is. Note: If you have browsed the .pit file then you need to check Re-Partition box.
Step 7: Now you are all set to flash the official Stock ROM on your Galaxy S5. Just Click on Start button to begin the flashing process.
Step 8: Wait until you get pass message on your screen, you device will reboot automatically after that.
That’s it, you have successfully unrooted and install official Stock ROM on your new Samsung Galaxy S5.