If you want to give the feel and look of the Google Nexus device for that you have to need The Google Now Launcher. The launcher had super-sized icons, which offering clarity on your Smartphone display, which gives a fresh look and change the boring the old boring interface of your’s Smartphone.
It was an entirely new launcher, originally called the Google Experience Launcher. If you want to install this Launcher in old boring your Android Smartphone and offering a new look to your Smartphone then you have to follow some basic but necessary steps.
Google Now Launcher for Android 4.3 Jelly Bean devices
If your’s device is running on the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, you can still get the launcher, but there are a few extra steps. You have to need to install one file if in the case you have Android 4.3 OS on your device.
- In the First step you have to see that what version of Android you have- for this you have go to Settings > About phone.
- Now check that you have the latest version of Google Search. If you have the Play Store and check in My apps you will be able to see if an update is needed.
- Download the files from here! And extract the GoogleHome.apk file.
- Now you have to go the Settings > Security, or maybe Settings > More > Security on your Android Smartphone and scroll down to Unknown sources to check the box.
- Send the GoogleHome.apk by email, Dropbox or Google Drive, or it copy from your PC or laptop via a data cable and then tap on it on your phone to install. When you hit the Home button you should be prompted to choose your launcher.
Google Now Launcher for other Android devices
Other Android Smartphones users can run the Now Launcher, too. You don’t have to root your Smartphone. You will need Android 4.4 if you are thinking so you are wrong, the launcher to work perfectly with earlier versions, at least partially. You probably want at least version 4.1. It works Smoothly for us on a Galaxy S3 with Android 4.3. Be warned that installing the apk it on devices running earlier versions of Android may result in flaky behavior, so do it at your own risk.
- Now you have to download the APK files from here! And extract them.
- After that you have to Go to Settings > Security, or maybe Settings > More > Security and scroll down to Unknown sources to check the box.
- Email the APK files to your Smartphone, you could also use Dropbox or Google Drive, or copy from PC (if you download on the PC or desktop), tap on them in the right order to install each one. Install PrebuiltGmsCore.apk, then Velvet.apk, and finally GoogleHome.apk.
- You are done, hit the Home button and select the launcher.
For Google Now Feature- Go to the Google Now and select Settings at the bottom right. In Voice you can choose whether to have “OK Google” launch the Google Now service. You might have to change your language to English (US) for its working.