HP re-commands the following resolution for the missing Operating System or Operating System not found error alerts can occurs before windows XP and windows 2000 is started. This article will gives the clear information about How to install missing Os on HO Notebook
Missing Operating System
The below following are the reasons to get error
- The notebook BIOS does not detect the hard drive.
- The hard drive is physically damaged.
- The Windows Master Boot Record (MBR) located on the hard drive is corrupted.
- The partition or section of the hard drive containing the Windows MBR is no longer active.
By using one of the following steps to resolve the error:
Test The Hard Drive
To test the Hard drive of the Notebook PC you need to follow the below steps
- Plug the AC adopter into Notebook PC and switch of the power by holding and pressing the power button for 5 seconds.
- Press and Hold the F10 button to turn on the PC and release it when you see the display in the Screen.
- After completion of the BIOS setup select right arrow mark to go to the tools menu.
- In that select Hard Dive self test.
- Press the Enter key to start the test.
The Hard Drive will provide the estimate test time. when you press enter it will execute quick test, comprehensive test and smart test.
If suppose the test fails then there is damage in the Hard Drive, As per rule if you are in warranty the Hard drive will replaced. If it passes all the test then restart the system.
Reinstall the Windows Operation System
To reinstall the Windows Operating System following steps shown in HP Notebook PC’s reinstalling the OS
Contact HP person and Support
In the above steps if you don’t solve the errors pl