Google Android is the best Mobile working OS on the off chance that we take a look at its popularity and similarity, followed by Microsoft Windows OS and Apple iOS, alongside all that it is an open source platform, offering users to do a tons of customization without much issue, regardless I recall, attempting Android on an iPhone 3Gs, the result was poor, just 3-hours of battery existence with a great deal of Compatibility bugs and slack was the main thing we encountered much in it, nonetheless, Dual booting an Android smart phone is not a difficult job and even can you change the Primary OS to any else, instead of Android as long as it is developed on Linux.
Soon after the launch of Ubuntu OS for mobile, they were allowing users to make this OS as a secondary operating system on their smartphones for better hardware usability, but it failed in lesser times, then Mozilla OS came to the role although the OS is highly functional and robust along with a decent and clean interface. ZTE is the first brand to come with this OS. But developers have modded this software and made this usable on Android smartphone. I am not sure how many Android devices are running Firefox OS, but yes, if you have LG Nexus 5 then easily you can experience the all new mobile operating system with Firefox. Earlier also the developers have tried this on several devices, but there was some bugs and issues that are absent in this guide, I hope this is a great thing to know before going into it.
- Make sure that your device is charged up to 70%, don’t follow the process with low battery, it may cause error or damage.
- Create a complete back your device’s data to keep it intact from any loss. You can use tool to to do so which is easily available at Play Store.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device, Settings->Application-> Developer Options->check USB debugging
- Download and Install USB driver on your Computer from here.
- Make sure that your device is rooted and installed CWM/TWRP custom recovery to avoid interruption while following the tutorial. [Rooting Guide]
- Android SDK must be installed and properly configured on your laptop, here is the tutorial.
- Download the Firefox OS Firmware
How to install Firefox OS on LG Nexus 5
- After configuring everything download the Firefox OS firmware on your desktop and extract the following files,
- Copy the extracted file to the folder named Fastboot folder or Platform-tools folder. (Only after configuring Android SDK, you will see these folder on your computer.)
- Now open the command prompt inside the same folder, to do so press Shift+Right Click and choose ‘open command prompt here‘.
- Switch Off your Nexus 5 and then Press and Hold Power + Volume Down buttons until it goes into the Boot-loader mode.
- Now the time is to connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- After that here below are some commands that you need to perform sequentially.
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
- After executing all the commands, here below is the final step to follow, just type this command and you are done,
- Soon after executing the command your device will reboot automatically. This time your device will take little more time to start than usual. So be patient and let your device boot.
Whoa! Install Firefox OS easily on your device, still if you have any doubt then easily you can clear them by posting as a comment below in the specified place.