Devices running on Android have the capability to change users interface, one can optimize its performance. You can use all these facilities if you have rooted your device. There are lots or custom ROM available for almost every Android smartphone. Developers usually give you the latest version of Android in their ROM, their own custom themes, options, and a ton of other customization options and enhancements.
Basically we are here to follow the steps to install Custom ROM on the Nokia X. After flashing the custom ROM you will be able to:
- Increase performance
- More customization options than stock ROMs
- Flash newer versions of Android that the manufacturer hasn’t provided yet.
- Increase battery life.
- Utilize different UI skins or stock Android(HTC’s Sense UI, Samsung’s TouchWiz UI, LG Optimus UI).
If you are interested to install custom ROM on the Nokia then follow the steps written below, before going to the tutorial first check out the requirements you need to fulfill,
- Your device must be rooted to follow the tutorial, root your device if still you haven’t.
- To avoid interruptions during the process, charge your device up to 70%
- You also must have installed recovery(CWM/TWRP) on your device before following the guide.
- For security purpose you need to create a complete backup of your device.
- Download custom ROM, click here to choose the ROM you want to flash.
How to install Custom ROM on the Nokia X
- Plug your Nokia X to your PC and transfer the ROM you have downloaded just to your device’s SD card. This file will usually be in .zip format.
- Switch off and turn it on your device into Recovery. To do this, press the Power button and once you see the Nokia logo, press and hold the Volume Up button for few seconds until it boots into recovery.
- Use the Volume Up/Down keys to highlight the Backup and Restore option and then use the Power button to select the option. Select Backup on the next menu and go back to the recovery main menu,
- Select Wipe data/factory reset, this will delete all your existing data, you can restore it by installing back the backup you have created.
- Select the Install zip from SDcard option, it will ask you to browse the ROM file.
- Navigate to the location of the ROM zip file you copied above to your SD card and select it. Confirm the installation on the next menu by selecting Yes – Install [ROM zip file name].
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now.