Custom ROM means you have customized version of Android, some custom ROM customizes your device performance, some transforms UI some both, so to choose the best ROM suitable ROM for any Android smartphone is very difficult. Moreover, custom ROM installation is also not an easy task, that is why I am here to help you to go through the easiest step to install custom ROM on your device. Here are the things you will get after flashing the custom ROM;
- Utilize different UI skins or stock Android (Samsung’s TouchWiz UI, HTC’s Sense UI, LG Optimus UI).
- Flash newer versions of Android that the manufacturer has not provided yet.
- Increase Battery Life
- Increase Performance
- More options to customize your device then the stock ROMs
If you are ready to follow the steps then first head over to the requirement section to fulfill them.
Before you begin
- You HTC One M8 should be rooted and unlocked S-Off.
- You are eligible to follow the tutorial only you have fulfilled already those conditions.
- Now charge your device up to 70%.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device, go to Settings>Applications-> Developer Options->check USB debugging mode.
- To keep your personal data intact from loss, create a complete a complete backup using some tool available at Play Store.
- Download Custom ROM from here.
How to install Custom ROM on HTC One M8
- Connect your HTC One M8to your PC using the USB cable and transfer the ROM’s .zip file to your device’s memory card.
- Now turn off your device and on it back by pressing and holding Volume Down+Power button simultaneously to go into the recovery mode.
- Now choose the recovery option and then click the power button to select it.
- Go back and choose install zip from SD card option from the recovery menu. It will ask you to browse the .zip file
- Hit enter to begin the flashing process.
That’s it you have successfully installed custom ROM on your device.