We all are using the Internet in our daily life, and WI FI is providing the wireless internet connection on Smartphones, Laptops, PC, Tabs and even in the Smart TV and other wearable gadgets also. But some time we aren’t getting the proper and full range of the WI-FI. So we have to boost up the signals of the WI-Fi modem, but how the question is raised.
So, I bring some useful tricks and tips for all viewers, which 100% working and improves the range of the WI-FI. And after that you can access the internet in any corner of your Home or Office.
Some Steps to improve Wi-Fi signal range
# Step 1
The Placing of the Furniture-If you have large furniture, then put the larger furniture along the exterior walls of your home. Signals which don’t have to travel through large, cumbersome furniture will make reception better.
# Step 2
Minimize mirrors– All metallic surfaces reflect WiFi signals, including the thin metal layer found in most mirrors.
# Step 3
- Placing of the router- Where you place your router has a lot to do with how it performs. When placing a router, consider putting it:
- Near the center of the house, on a top floor. Radio waves best travel down and laterally.
Off the floor, ideally on a wall mount or high shelf.
- As far as possible from your neighbor’s WiFi router (which, of course, you’ve made sure use a different channel).
- Away from cordless phones and microwaves, which operate on the same 2.4-Ghz frequency. (There are some cordless phones that are WiFi friendly).
- Away from power cords, computer wires, microwaves, baby monitors, and halogen lamps. These wires and waves can interfere with radio reception.
# Step 4
Make your reception bigger with a use of a repeater or a wireless bridge. If your office is far from your wireless access point, and you find yourself stretching to the edge of the room to get better reception, install a wireless signal repeater. Place the wireless signal repeater between half from the access point and that computer which are need the instant boost.
You could use a wireless bridge for better reception for wired devices. If you have any trouble with getting reception on your wired devices, try the Ethernet converter for a few extra bars.
# Step 5
Change from WEP to WPA/
WPA2 mode. The WEP and WPA/WPA2 modes are mainly the security algorithms, which keep hackers from breaking into his network. The only problem is that WEP less secure as compared to the WPA/WPA2.
Limit the number of devices your WI-FI – With the help of MAC addresses. The fewer devices in your network have to support, the stronger speed you get out of it. Create a device list of MAC addresses and after that access point’s configuration screen and setting which addresses get the green light.
Expect these points you can use these simple tips, which are also beneficial to improve the WI-FI signals and enhanced the signal range.
- Use Aluminum foil which will reflect the wireless signals from the router.
- You have to click the name of your WiFi, which bring up another window. Where you can check internet speed and keep note of the number, which is displayed (I.E. 72.2 Mbps). Once you have done that, tear off a sheet of foil that is around the size of normal printing/copying paper (8.5 x 11 inch).
- After that you have to curve the sheet of foil. Just wrap the sheet around the label area of a 2 liter soda bottle.
- Now Placed the curved sheet of foil on its side behind your router (WI-FI modem).
- Go back to your Network and Sharing Center- And Check the Speed. It should be faster than the original speed before you placed the foil behind your router.