Android Operating locks some files and Folders in the root directory of the device, Rooting the Samsung Fascinate 3G SGH-T959D allows third-party programs to access and change these files and folders. Major of the applications require root to install or run properly.
Once your phone is rooted, you can use it for WiFi tethering and other functions your carrier may have blocked. Root your Fascinate 3G from with in phone by a program called Z4. This article explains to How to get Root access in fascinate 3G. Only thing you need to do is follow the steps as follows.
- Firstly press the menu button from the main screen of your device fascinate 3G and tap the settings.
- Once you are done with this you need to be Touch applications and check the labeled box ‘unknown sources’ Then the phone shows a message displaying installation unknown apps. Touch OK and press the Home screen button.
- Now you have to open the application screen on Fascinate 3G and touch internet.
- Go to ‘forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953’ in the Android browser. The browser will load a page for the XDA Developers forum called [APP] z4root.
- Now scroll to bottom of the first post and touch ‘Z4 root 1.3.0.apk’ If suppose phone prompts you to conform the press ‘OK’.
- Press the Home button and press the application screen Press ‘Z4 root’ and tap root.