one of the major problem in the laptop is over heating graphics processor which leads to shutdown immediately, Suppose in the extreme cases this also leads to melt your motherboard too. Generally overheating component will cause your system to behave erratically which makes your laptop shut down as I mentioned earlier.
Suppose if this over heating occurs in the Graphic processing Unit, you will see major issues in the videos. The GPU heating occurs dude to the dirty heat sink which is cooling device which sits directly on the card. Easily you can fix this GPU over heating by cleaning the laptop regularly. This article clarifies How to fix heating GPU on laptop.
Instructions to be Followed
- Initially you need to exactly where Graphic Processing Unit present, In most the cases it will be present at the top of the mother board.
- Remove all the hardware carefully, In all most all the laptop this includes hard drive, memory modules, wireless cards, modem card, CD/DVD drive.
- Place the laptop face up, and pull open the display panel all the way. Pry off the keyboard bezel with a flat-head screwdriver. This is the plastic strip located between the keyboard and display panel.
- Remove the screws securing the keyboard to the laptop. Lift the keyboard out of the laptop, place it facedown on the palm rest and unplug the keyboard’s ribbon cable from the motherboard. Remove the keyboard from the laptop completely.
- Now you need to locate the LCD video cable extending from display panel to GPU chip to the mother board, unplug it and carefully lift the panel to the laptop base.
- Unplug all cables extending from the top cover to the motherboard. Carefully lift the entire top cover off the laptop to reveal the top surface of the motherboard.
- Now you have to locate the heat sink which is attached to motherboard, It is the metal pipes and carefully lift it by unscrewing out of the laptop.
- By using blower blow the dust deposited on the GPU card, And apply alcohol to clean the heat sink and the GPU card and wipe down it. wait for few seconds to dry the alcohol then assembly the following hardware as usual how you have removed.