The most common error that occurs when downloading the apps from the Google Play Store is error 498. When you try to download the apps or some content from the Play Store you will get the message like, “An error has occurred while communicating with the server, reload”. To fix this error on Play Store follow the below steps.
There are three different methods for how to fix error 498 on Google Play Store
Method 1 :
Try with a different Gmail account on your Google Play Store
- First open the Google Play Store.
- Now go to the settings>>Accounts>>Choose the account or add the new account.
- After adding the new account, now try to download the app, game or any content.
Method 2 :
- Open the Google Play Store and go to settings>>apps>>Select “All”
- Now in the “All” apps list >>Find the Google Play Store and clear the data and cache from here.
- Also from the “All” apps list, Find the Google service framework, clear the data and cache.
- After doing all this restart the Google Play Store and now try to download the apps and games.
Method 3 :
- Go to the Settings on your mobile and go to Accounts>>Google>>remove your Gmail account.
- In the settings, Settings>>Apps>>all>>force stop and here clear the data and cache for the Google Play Store and Google service framework and download manager.
- Now again go to the Settings>>Accounts>>Google>> Add Gmail account.
- Now restart your phone and then accept all the Google terms and conditions and setup the Google Settings.
- Run the Google Play Store app and can install or update any apps.
You can try any of these methods, if one doesn’t work you can go for the other.