You can hide your files and folders in the Windows Operating System to restrict others from seeing your files. So many after hiding the specific don’t know how to restore those deleted files on the Windows. You may be frustrated with the searching of hidden files on your computer. Here I am explaining how to find hidden files and folders on your Windows PC.
How to find the hidden files
- First go to your desktop and click on Start and option will be opened and there click on My Computer and in the task bar and click on tools.
- An alternative option open the Windows explorer and click on tools in the task bar.
- Now choose the folder options and choose the Advanced settings tab.
- Mark on the box beside the Show hidden files and folders. After checking that box click on Apply or OK at the bottom of the Window. After clicking it the changes will take place.
- Now all your hidden files and folders will be displayed on your screen.
- Now unmark the box before the hide file extensions, this step is optional you can select it or not. But is recommended file extensions helps us to find the which type of files we are dealing such as .mp3 for an audio file and .mp4 for an video file.
- Click on the start button on your desktop and in the search bar type folder options and now options will be displayed.
- Select the folder options from the displayed options and click on it.
- Now a new window will be displayed and three tabs will be present in it. You click on the view tab and it lets you to configure what is displayed in the folders.
- In the list, look for Hidden files and folders section and select the Show hidden files and folders.
- After selecting it click on Apply and the changes will be taken place.
You can hide the files by selecting the option Don’t show hidden files and folders.