You want to do Networking Printing using Google Print service. Then check first the printer service. With the use of Google Cloud Print service, you can print from a Cloud Ready printer, which can connect directly to the Internet or a classic printer, which is plugged into a Windows or Mac computer and has an Internet access. In any case you are using the Chromebook and you are attempting to print a document, image or anything, then you will be prompted by the set up the Google Cloud Print which is required to establish the connection between the printer and Google Chromebook.
Steps to to Networking Printing using the Google Cloud Print service
- Step 1 : First of all you have to check your Printer is Cloud ready. If it is ready then read out the manufacturer manual or goes to manufacturer websites and the model number of the Printer, then you will get the complete information about the printer, including the step up method for the network printing via the Google Cloud Print service.
- Step 2 : Or if you have a classic Printer, and want to use use Cloud Print service, then you have to enable the Google Cloud Print connector which is using a Windows or Mac computer which will be connected to the printer. You also need the Google Chrome Browser and if you are using the Microsoft XP as an operating system, then make sure that the Microsoft XML paper specification pack is installed on the Machine.
Note : Don’t try to plug your printer into your Chromebook–it won’t work!
- Step 3 : If Google Chrome Browser has installed on your system, then you have to follow the below steps-
- First of all you have turn on your printer.
- Now you have to Log in to your user account on the Windows or Mac computer.
- After that you have to Open the Google Chrome.
- Now Click in the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Go and Select Settings.
- Now Click on the Show advanced settings.
- After that you have to Scroll down to the “Google Cloud Print” section. And Click Add printers.
- If prompted, sign in with your Google Account.
- Step 4 : If you Signin, then a verification message will arrive to your registered phone number in which a special code is available, now you have entered an application-specific password instead of your Google Account password. You can also generate the application-specific password on your Authorizing applications and sites.
- Step 5 : Now select the printers you want to connect, and then click Add printer. Now your printer is associated with your Google Account and it is connected to the Google Cloud Print service.