There are so many things happening on Facebook that you may have not noticed. The new term F-Commerce has been started which is a social business of owning your store on Facebook is now emerging and is being embraced by both small and big brands. If you have a look at the top 10 major music stars on Facebook, six of them are maintaining their own store on Facebook. Some of the major brands such as JC Penney, Warner Brothers, Brooks Brothers are in plans to setup their own stores on Facebook.
These Facebook stores are growing in double digits while the traditional brick and mortar stores are struggling for survival. A new Facebook fan page toolkit Web2.0 Expo is released, which makes it easy for the small and medium business to setup their stores with in the Facebook ecosystem.
Here is the tutorial how to create Facebook store and promote it. This article may definitely helps you to create your own Facebook store and promote it.
Step 1 : Create Facebook Shop front
This is done using one of the three apps developed by Aaron and his team called “Fanpage creator application” which enables you to build the single or multiple landing pages in Facebook. This doesn’t require the knowledge in FBML Facebook version of HTML or iFrames. This tool comprises of four elements with wizard-driven system which helps you in creating the Fanpage in four easy steps.
1. Anatomy : This is the first step and here you need to select the template or the theme and choose it from the different pre-designed templates.
2. Content : The second step is filing the contents in the selected templates and add the appropriate images and links for your Facebook business page.
3. Customize : Now select the sections of the fanpage which you want to cusotmize and change the text, font and color for the sections you wish.
4. Publish : After building your fanpage, it will be automatically published on your Facebook account.
After publishing your fanpage you can manage them using the same Facebook app. You can subscribe to this app without needing to setup the Facebook store but you can just use it for creating the Facebook landing pages.
Step 2 : Setup store
After creating the Facebook shop front you need to setup your Facebook. This is done by using the F-Commerce app from the Fanpage toolkit which offers a dashboard with a graphical or tabular view of the total number of orders in progress, completed orders and the cancelled orders.
This store setup process involves the following features and functions necessary to operate an online store.
- First one is merchant app profiles where the F-Commerce retailers are able to build out their profile with the merchant related information such as
- Shipping information
- Contact information
- PayPal link app
- Terms and conditions
- Create the categories list and load the products into the categories. The merchant can choose the fanpage which he wish to assign the products to and the category selection is made from the pre-build list created by the merchants. Product information such as the seller, availability, description, price, features and images can be configured to every product.
- You will find the theme library menu under which you can select the pre-built color theme for your store.
- Under the shipping section, shipping selection can be setup with carriers and integration to US portal service, FedEx and UPS.
- All the orders placed by the customers via the system are placed in the logistics section and this system allows for processing and handling of all closed, open and the shipped orders. Information regarding sales is then able to be exported for use in the third party applications.
There is also the suite of analytics tool with the toolkit which allow you to measure the statistics such as the promotion views, fan page views and eCommerce views.
Step 3 : Promote you store
The main thing after setting up everything is promoting your store. The “promotions dashboard” in the tool will provide your with a graphical or tabular view of the total number of the promotional messages. FANvites will be sent, invite the fans, accepted or declined as well as the number of coupons generated.
Promoting is done in five simple steps
- Select the template for your store promotion landing page.
- Now fill the content to the selected fanpage and add the appropriate names, images and contents for the promotion.
- Now choose the theme from one of the available three available designs and color schemes.
- Now customize your promotion page and select the sections of the promotion which you like to customize for style, font and color.
- After the design is complete the add the start and end dates for your promotion and the status of the promotion.
You can create your own coupons with the unique codes for promoting your store. Social media promotions can announce across any of your social media accounts including Twitter and Facebook. FANvite is an invitation tool to improve your business which invites the customers and fans to participate in the promotional event. Using FANvite you can also send the invite to the fans and customers of your current fanpage.
This fanpage creator will now provides an opportunity for the small and medium business to build and design their own Facebook stores without requiring the knowledge and skills of an programmer and the deep pockets of the major brand.
F-commerce is the nice platform for the small and medium business to setup their stores in Facebook and it is very easy to promote your products on social networking sites like Facebook.