Changing Tumblr URL is easy and one of the best part is that you wont lose any part of your followers, This article will definitely helps to learn How to change the Tumblr URL. The only thing you need to do is follow the below steps
- Initially Open your web browser followed by the Tumblr web page and click on the gears icon which is present at the right corner of the Tumblr web page.
- Once you done with this an window will appears, locate and click the untitled space bar present at the left bottom corner This tab should be located directly underneath the tab titled “Apps”.
- Delete the old URL from the URL text box in the setting labeled URL and type the new URL which you want to use any URL not currently taken can be used.
- A good Tumblr URL catches the attention of potential followers and tells them something about what you’re trying to do.A good Tumblr URL could be the difference between being re-blogged or not.
- Once you are done with this click on the SAVE button which is located at the right corner of the page at top. And also find a copy of the button at the bottom of the page.
- After changing the URL Tumblr automatically update the changes and associated the pages in the blog as well as any individual posts to incorporate the new URL.
- You need to create the secondary Tumblr blog with same URL the reason behind this is the followers who go to old URL will automatically will redirect to new URL.
- Go to customized appearance and hit edit HTML replace the HTML code with <meta http-equiv=”refresh” content=”#WAIT; url=BRANDNEWURL”>
- Fill the name of the new blog replace the BRANDNEWURL with actual name of new URL with the HTML chunk.
- Replace the WAIT in the number of seconds you want yours visitors to wait for in the HTML chunk, before they are redirected. you can use ’01’ for one second