Like the other devices, the performance of the Android devices also decreases after some time. You want your mobile devices to be lighter and faster to meet your needs. You would have noticed that your Android device is becoming slower, after you have been installed so many apps.
Here are few tips I am sharing with you to boost performance and speed of Android device.
1. Know your device : It is very important to know about your device such as the capabilities and specifications of your device. Don’t overload your phone with tons of apps. It can degrade the performance of your Android device.
2. Update the OS : Check for the available updates for device and install the available firmware updates. New improvements and tweaks are brought with the new firmware which can enhance your device with higher performance, stability and speed along with some other new features.
To check for the new updates go to Settings>>About Phone>>Software update.
3. Uninstall unwanted apps : The main thing that diminishes the performance of your device is loads of apps. Each app may acquire some memory and some of the apps runs in background. So, uninstall the apps that you won’t use much.
4. Disable the unnecessary apps : Android Ice Cream Sandwich has came up with the “Performance Assistant” feature which lets you to disable the apps that you don’t use. Disabling the apps is different from uninstalling, uninstalling deletes the application files from the phone, whereas disabling any app don’t delete any app.
These disabled files are not shown on the home screen, they don’t consume the storage and whenever you need them you can restore them.
5. Use high speed memory card : Every Android device has some internal memory and option to extend storage space using the memory card. You can boost the devices with low internal memory by using external memory cards. If you want to improve the performance of your Android device go for class 6 or class 10 memory cards.
6, Update apps : Regularly update the apps on your device. The app updates always come with bug fixes, performance improvements and more.
7. Avert live wallpapers : It is better to avoid the live wallpapers to increase the performance of the device. The live wallpapers needs more CPU cycles to run and it also drains the battery faster .
8. Install apps from Authorized sources : Always install the apps from only the authorized sources. Don’t download from the third party sources, because they may alter the performance of your device, download some malware in. Better avoid third party apps.
9. Turn off animations : When you switch from one task to other, your screen will fades out and in. To see this Go to Settings>>Developer Options>>Windows Animation scale>>Animation scale 10x and tap on windows animation scale to see the effect in slow motion. Choose the “Animation off”, then the screen snaps to the position without animation.
10. Stop syncing : Syncing is a good feature which syncs your data with the Google Servers. Keeping the syncing feature on, you will get the notifications when any mail or message comes to Gmail. This reduces the performance of your Android device. So, keep off this sync feature and you can sync manually whenever you want.