If you want to block and unblock contacts on WhatsApp, here is the tutorial. This tutorial contains blocking and unblocking of WhatsApp contacts on Android, Windows Phone, iOS and BlackBerry.
To block contacts on Whats app
- First open the WhatsApp and go to the Chats screen.
- Now go to Menu<<Settings<<account<<Privacy<<Blocked contacts and here you will see all the contacts you have blocked.
- Now just tap on the Add blocked contacts on the top right and add the contacts to block.
To unblock the contacts
- Long press on the contact which you have blocked in the blocked contacts screen and select to unblock.
- If you want to block an unknown contact, just open the conversation with that contact, scroll to top and tap on Block.
On iOS there are two ways to block a contact from sending the messages.
- If you get a WhatsApp message from somebody who is not in your contact list tap on the block button which is displayed on top of the conversation.
- If you want to block the contacts in address book then go to Settings<<Account<<Privacy<<Blocked, and then tap on the add new button to add the contacts in the list to the blocked list.
To unblock a contact,
- Open the blocked list in the WhatsApp and just slide your finger to left on the contact and an unblock button will appear and tap on it and the contact get unblocked.
On Windows Phone
To block an unknown number,
- In the chat room with that number, tap on the three dots on the bottom right hand corner and select Block there and tap Yes.
To block an existing contact,
- Tap on the three dots in the bottom right corner in the main chats screen.
- Select the Settings and tap on the blocked contacts and tap on + symbol to add the contacts that you want to block.
To unblock the contact,
- Enter the blocked contacts screen by following the above steps.
- Choose the contact which you want to unblock by long pressing on it and choose delete, tap the check box to make the changes.
To block a contact,
- Go to Settings>>Privacy Settings>>Blocked Contacts and here it displays all the blocked contacts.
- Press on the Blackberry logo on the phone to choose the new contact to Block.
- If you want to block the unknown number that sent you the message, go to the chat of the unknown number press on the BlackBerry logo and select Block.
- Go to Settings>>Privacy settings>>blocked contacts and select the contact you want to unblock and press on Blackberry logo.