Actually the which I am going to use doesn’t requires root access, BUT it certainly makes it much cooler. The app called Helium and its maker, Koush, needs no introduction in the rooting world. He is responsible for making the absolute most well-known rooting app (Clockworkmod Recoveries, ROM manager, and so more) which have a large number of downloads each. This new application, however, is something he says is “… the missing app sync and backup alternative for Android”.
To be honest, I can’t contend. Helium permits you to not just backup all your data and apps on your smart phone, however it also can adjust them with your handset (which makes for consistent re-installation whenever you want another ROM). Right away, here’s the way to Backup and Sync all your apps and data on Android using Helium app.
Before heading towards the tutorial your device must be rooted, otherwise you won’t be able to follow the steps which are given below. Also if you have rooted, check if SU app is installed or not.
How to install Helium
- Go to Play Store and search for the app called Helium by typing on the search bar.
- After getting the appropriate app tap on it.
- Install it on your device.
- Click on Restart.
How to Backup and Sync all your apps and data on Android
How to backup your apps and data using Helium
- Launch Helium and login in to it using the Google Account and click OK.
- Tap on Grant to confirm SuperUser permissions.
- Now you need to select the app you want backup, When you are ready to back them up, pull up the dark grey tray from the bottom of the screen.
- Choose whether you want to just save the app data or uncheck it to save the app apk as well.
- Now choose the name of the backup group you are going to create.
- Click on Backup, it will ask you where to save the backup data, choose the appropriate action.
- That’s it, now wait for the process to complete.
How to Restore backup of your apps and data using Helium
- Click on Restore and Sync at the top right.
- Click on where you saved the backup to.
- Click on the Saved Group or check off each individual app you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
- Wait for it to re-install all the apps.