Getting an Import Export license is number to start Import and export business in India. We call it as IEC code, Now you may have doubt what is this IEC? Actually Import Export Code (IEC) is an unique code Issued by the Director General Of Foreign Trade. On the basics of IEC an importer or exporter can obtain various benefits form DGMT, Customs Export promotion Council. To get this Unique Code you need to submit some documents to the DGMT.
Required Documents for IEC Code
- Scanned copy of valid permanent Account Number PAN. It should contains both sides of PAN.
- Scanned copy of Bank Certificate.
- Scanned Copy of Applicant Photograph.
- Finally a Net banking account in the one of the Banks include HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank of India, State Bank of India, IDBI, Central Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Axis Bank, Union Bank of India.
All the requirement which I have mentioned earlier Scanned copy of PAN card, Applicant Photograph, Bank certificate should be in gif format, And the other documents should be in PDF format. The important thing is that all the file size should not extent 300 MB.Once you done with the requirment of the documents then follow the below steps to apply for the Importer Exporter code number.
Steps to follow for applying the IEC code
Initially you need to open DGFT website to get the IEC code.
Click on IEC online application
- Exporter will be prompted to enter PAN. In case the PAN is invalid, it will display a message and applicant will be directed to Main Menu.
- Create an IEC online application.
- To create a new IEC application select, create, option from the File menu . System will generate and display new ’ECOM reference No.
- On clicking OK button the user is forwarded to the ‘IEC Master’ Screen for feeding of party details.
Add Master Details
- On the IEC Master dialog input the party name frost and press add button. System will display the message IEC master details successfully added.
- On IEC master details dialog screen Payment Details, “EFT and Verify EFT button are enabled.
- Applicants should make the payment of fee for the issuance of IEC through EFT first. Applicant should pay the IEC fee by using EFT mode.
- Without making payment the system will not allow exporter to go ahead. Applicant can check the payment status by pressing the payment details button.
- On successful payment all options such as Branch, Director upload document , Update , submit button will be enabled on IEC main Dailog Screen.
- Applicant is required to fill other details such as city, state, pin code, phone no., email id, date of estabilishment, PAN date, Issuing authority, banker name, Account number etc.
- In this master details pin code is compulsory and Click tick mark for the Documents you have provided.
- For the proprietor firm Date of birth is mandatory. Even this required the Government undertaking public limited and private limited or other date of establishment is required.
Add Branch Details
- You need to press bank button to input the branch address details which includes city, address, Pin code and click on add button to Add the Branch details.
Add Director Details (Public/ private companies)
- To enter bank details, Press Directors button on IEC menu.
- Make sure you have to enter name as it is in the bank Certificate.
- Once you are done with this use add button to add the director details
Payment /Verification of Fee for IEC using Electronic Fund Transfer
- Click on the EFT button to make online payment of fee.
- Select the Bank for the bank list.
- once you done with the selecting of bank make sure through which payment is to be made from the list.
- Fill the IEC amount in the Indian Rupees. After selecting the Bank and filling amount then Click OK.
- Follow the given instructions carefully.
- If payment is unsuccessful a list box will display it.
- This can be checked by clicking on Verify EFT on main IEC master application me.
Exporter should press the upload document to unload the mandatory documents with IEC application. select the following
- PANC to upload Pan card copy.
- FOT to upload photograph copy.
- BKYC to upload bank certificate details copy.
Print IEC Application
Once you done with the all the aspects, Exporter can take a print out of IEC Application by pressing the print button on the master menu. Finally click on the submit button to submit the Application.
IEC Application Online query status
After submitting the Application , Explorer can see the status of the IEC application at regional office by using query option.
Click Here to open the DGFT web site.