Once the router has been connected to your home networks you can connect at any time and also you can adjust the router settings if you want to change. In this post will teach you How to adjust router settings, You simply follow the steps below
- Check whether the computer is connected to one of the numbered port, And also make sure that the computer should not connect to the internet port or LAN port.
- Open Internet browser.
- In the address bar of the browser type the Internet Protocol address, by default the IP address is http:// 18.104.22.168 if this does work this skip to below section determining your router address.
- If your computer is able to connect to the router than you should enter the user name and password, Often the user name is Admin and password is what you choose at the time setting up router. If you forget try username as well password as admin.
- Suppose if you authorize the username ans password then you will see the setup screen similar to the below image and allows you to customize your router.
Determining your router Address
- You need to open the command prompt by click start and select run or search and type ‘cmd’ and hit enter, Command prompt window will appear.
- At the command prompt type the ipconfig and hit enter you should get the similar as example given below
Connection-specific DNS Suffix : hsd2.ca.comcast.net.
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.135
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1