Windows 8 Start screen looks very beautiful and come pre-populated with lots of tiles which are useful to easily access the programs and files. The start screen contains lots of tiles in which some of them you won’t user ever. You can remove those tiles which you never use and use that space effectively by filling those tiles with your favorite websites, which you can access them easily.
Here I am explaining how to add websites to Windows 8 start page.
- Log on to the Windows 8 PC using the administrator or the standard user account, on which you need to add the website to the start screen.
- Make sure that your PC is connected to the internet.
- Now go to the start screen and click on the desktop tile and go to the desktop.
- On the desktop screen click on the internet explorer on the taskbar.
- In the Internet Explorer open the websites which you want to add to the start screen.
- After opening the Internet Explorer click on the tools icon present at the right top corner of the browser window.
- Now a menu will be displayed and click on the Add site to the start screen option and the selected will be pinned to the start screen on Windows 8.
You can also pin the sites using the Google Chrome, but the tiles won’t look good as in Internet Explorer. To pin the site using the Google Chrome go to Settings>>Tools>>Create application shortcuts. Now create a desktop shortcut and right click on it and select Pin to start. The major problem with the Chrome to pin the sites is they look like application shortcuts and with this you cannot access any chrome settings, bookmarks or any other when you open this tile. For Firefox users unfortunately there are no ways to pin the sites.