Very less chances are there to forget the screen lock patter or PIN if one use it frequently on any Android smartphone. But sometimes it happens that you changed the new pattern lock with a complex one and forgot the path to unlock it. I have already faced the same issue twice with my device, that’s why I thought to write this tutorial guide to help others.
However this is not quite easy to get rid of it but yes if one follows the whole steps properly will be able to access their Android smartphone. This tutorial is just for those times and will show you how to bypass the screen lock and access your device.
Before you begin
- Your device needs to be connected to the internet for this solution to work; this could be a WiFi access point you have already added to your access point list or plain old internet provided by your mobile carrier.
- You to be handy with the Google Account linked with your device, if you also forgot this password then hard reset is the only option to go for.
How to access Android device if you forget your PIN or Pattern
1. By installing app to Bypass the Android Lock Screen
- Open Google Play Store on your PC and signed in with the Google Account linked with your device.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- Search for the app called Screen Lock ByPass and install it.
- Reboot your device
This time I hope you will be able to access your device without getting locked, the app you have installed doesn’t remove your existing password or pattern. You have to create a complete backup of all your data such as contacts, SMS, files, apps data etc. To do so use some best suitable app available at Play Store because we are going to hard reset your device to remove all installed apps, password, pattern etc.
2. How to hard reset Android smartphone
There are two ways to hard reset an Android device
a. Go to Settings-> Privacy-> Factory Data Reset
b. Using Recovery menu, this process is complex but better than the first one. To follow this procedure Shut Down your device and turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up+Home Button+Power button simultaneously until you see Android logo, In recovery menu choose the option called Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and then restart it.