The family sharing feature is the great way for family members in iOS 8 to share purchases and you don’t want no member in the family to access to your each and every application you have download. You can over come this problem by hiding the purchases by showing up on their My purchases list. You can do this on your iPhone with out using the any computers. How ever To un hide an application, requires a visit to iTunes. Follow the steps given below :
- In the App Store app, if you tap on the Updates button in the lower-right corner, you can view your apps that have been updated recently or have an update available.
- Tap the large Purchased button at the top to view the apps you and your family have purchased.
- Now tap on My Purchases, and from this list you can swipe left to bring forth a red Hide button for any app listed here.
- Hiding doesn’t remove purchase the app will still be available to be downloaded again for free if you search for it in the App Store.
- If you mistakenly hide an application and you would like to store the previously hidden application to your stored list then you have to go into iTunes.
- In iTunes go to the iTunes store view from there quick link section in the lower right corner and click on Account.
- Once you sign in through account go to the go to iTunes in the cloud section and click the manage link on right.
- Click on Apps from the top banner and you can then unhide any app listed by clicking the gray Unhide button beneath it.
But I was unable to hide movie, TV shows and music purchases using iTunes, if you have hidden any applications like movies, music and more before then it might be possible to hide.