Follow the steps given in the article to hide the Albums in the Android Galley app, The process is very simple and does not require any root to Android Device which you wants to hide Albums in Android Gallery. Follow the steps give below.
Steps to follow
- The process actually revolves around the simple system tick using a file called nomedia. A Nomedia file in a folder is simple indicator to system to ignore the contents of the folders while scanning the device.
- so if you create one in an album folder then the contents present in the folder does not show up in your gallery.
- Now look at the folders I have in my gallery right now, there is my camera album as well as what app album, Bluetooth files and may other stuff, Now I want to clean up the contents by using file explorer like ES explorer.
- For doing this you need to install ES explorer, Click Here to Download and Install ES explorer.
- Now you need to locate the various folders that appears in your gallery now, to do so you need investogation as not every folder is going to be clearly labeled or attached to an app folder. Still, it shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes to track them all down.
- Better you try DCIM and pictures folder on/SD card for starte. Others may be in your Downloads folder, or specific app folders, like WhatsApp.
- Once you have found the folder in which your images are to be vanish are located, Simply tap the little + sign on the bottom left of the box pops ups simply call it nomedia and save it. .
- The next time to go to your gallery that the folder contents will no longer appear and just you add a nomedia file to every folder if you wants to disappear.
- Now your gallery app is fine with you can display the contents you want to display, By using this you can hide the folders you wants to hide and display the contents you need to display.