Own a brand new T Mobile Sony Xperia Z1S ? Great! Let us show you how you can root your Xperia and then get best rooted apps on it. Having a rooted device doesn’t only allow us to install rooted app but also help to flash a custom recovery, when that becomes available.
Still you are in dilemma to root or not, here is the benefits of having rooted Android smartphone:
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Many of other customization options are there you can get by flashing a custom ROM that requires root access.
- Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
- Remove apps that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- This’ll void the warranty of your device. Do it at your own risk.
- The process mentioned below works only with Windows based PCs.
- You must have installed proper driver on your PC.
- You must have enabled the USB debugging on your device (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging).
- And Unknown sources as well by (Settings > Security > Unknown sources).
Files to Download:
Guide to root T Mobile Sony Xperia Z1S
- Download and extract both the file on your Desktop.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Launch a Command Prompt Window on your desktop. here is a simple way to do that, just hold down Shift and right-click on any blank area on your screen and select Open command window here.
- Now type in following commands into the Command Prompt Window, one-by-one.
adb push pwn /data/local/tmp/pwn
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/pwn
adb shell /data/local/tmp/pwn
- When it’s done, issue the following command:
- As you enter the command your device will reboot.
Once your device boots-up, just walk over to Google Play Store and download and install the app called SuperSU. You have successfully rooted your T Mobile Xperia Z1S, now enjoy.