Google has released a huge update to Google Maps and brings it to the version v8.0. This latest update has improved the navigation instructions, new search options and with the lane guidance in navigation. It has also got the ability to navigate in to the Uber app to order a ride. The new update includes the easier access to alternate routes when you are already in the navigation mode.
Now you can search for a new place and save that place for the offline use. If you are travelling to a new place, Google Maps has the ability to view the places saved on Google Maps across all the devices. Google has now added new filters to the Google Maps to assist inf finding the restaurants, bars, pubs and other places of interest.
For those who use public transport frequently Google maps update brings the enhanced route options and now you can select the “last train home” and so you do not get stranded.
- Turn by turn navigation feature now displays the distance, arrival time, and quick access to the alternate routes when you are already in navigation mode.
- You can now save and manage the offline maps, when you are travelling and not connected to the internet.
- It now displays the walking time of your trip and details about the next scheduled train or bus.
- Now you can review the places with “Places to review” from recently searched or saved places by signing in.
- If you have Uber app installed on your device, you can now open directly from the Google Maps.
- Added Lane Guidance in navigation mode.
- Some bug fixes and UI improvements.
Download Google Maps from here for Android devices.