Today, YouTube needs no introduction, it is the world’s largest video site as it allows anyone to upload video, music quickly and efficiently. Also YouTube is great for reporting on things happening in different parts of the world, sharing family videos, and more While YouTube is best for most of the people, sometimes you will want to bypass the more restricted content that is uploaded on YouTube. Fortunately, YouTube has allowed us to easily and quickly filter out restricted content on your Android device.
Here is how you easily you can restrict explicit video on YouTube search result. Follow the steps on your Android device right away:
How to filter out restricted content on YouTube search results
- From the app menu, open YouTube application, Also you can open YouTube widget, or on one of your home screens just as long as it is the official YouTube app.
- Tap the on the overflow menu button which looks like three dots in the top right corner of the app. There will open a drop-down menu.
- Tap the Settings button.
- Now in settings, you tap on Search and see the options you can select.
- Right at the bottom of the list, tap on the SafeSearch filtering option, a pop-up dialog will then appear.
- In this pop-up window you can select “Strict” or “Don’t Filter” depending on what you want to see in your search results. If you are looking to keep out all explicit contents from your search results, select the “Strict” option.
Just now you have seen, by just following six steps you will be able to make sure that you or anyone else using your device will not see restricted content while seeking for a video on YouTube. You are able to go back and toggle Safe Search off and on whenever you want.