In this Operating System there are many new features and improvements which includes direct boot to desktop ability to disable and this OS has more customization options for start screen, new metro apps, new touch gestures and much more. This new Operating system also comes with many improvements such as ability to set images slide show as lock screen back ground.
This article gives you the information about a how to Enable/Disable Use of Camera App on Windows8.1 with a new feature of Lock Screen. Microsoft has added a new option in Windows 8.1 to access Camera app directly from Lock Screen without log into your user account. If you enable this option, you can use your laptop, Tablet or PC camera to take photos or create videos with out sign into windows.
Simply you need to swipe down (on touch enabled devices) or click and drag the Lock Screen background image to bottom (on laptops and Desktops) to launch Camera app. Its a nice addition to Windows 8.1.
If you are not aware of enabling the option Cam app on windows 8.1 Lockscreen then follow the steps below:
- Move your cursor to top-right or bottom-right corner of screen to access Charms Bar and click on Settings option.
- At bottom Click on “Change PC settings” option given at the bottom.
- This will open Metro Control Panel or PC Settings page. Click on “Lock Screen” thumbnail present in ” Top settings” section. You can also open it by going to “PC & devices -> Lock screen”.
- Now by scrolling the button you can see the Camera section containing the following text information as ” You can swipe down on the lock screen to use the camera while your PC is locked “.
- An option “Use camera from the lock screen” is given which is set to Off by default which means Camera access is restricted on Lock Screen and you can’t use it on Lock Screen.
- If you wants to enable use of Camera on Lock Screen, set the option to “On”.
- If you don’t want to use camera app then simply disable it by “OFF”.
- That’s it when ever you want to unlock the start screen you swipe down or Click and drag the lock screen back ground to the bottom and you can able to use Camera app.