The Microsoft Windows 8.1 Operating System has comes with many new features and improvements like direct boot to Desktop, ability to disable hot corners, more customization options for the Start Screen, new metro apps, new touch gestures and much more. The Windows 8.1 also comes with many improvements for the lock Screen such as ability to set images slide show as Screen background of your desktop PC’s.
You were glad to know that there is another interesting and new feature of Lock Screen which is introduced in Windows 8.1 Operating system. The tech giant Microsoft has added a new option in Windows 8.1 to access Camera app which directly from Lock Screen without log into your user account.
If you enable this option, you can use your laptop, tablet or PC Camera to take photos or create videos without sign into Windows. You just need to swipe down (on touch enabled devices) or click and drag the Lock Screen background image to bottom (on laptops and Desktops) to launch Camera app. It is nice feature for the Windows 8.1 OS user’s.
Steps to Enable or Disable use of Camera app on Windows 8.1 lock screen
1. First of all you have to move your mouse cursor to top-right or bottom-right corner of screen to access Charms Bar and click on Settings option.
2. Now click on “Change PC settings” option given at the bottom.
3. It’ll open Metro Control Panel or PC Settings page. Click on “Lock Screen” thumbnail present in “Top settings” section. You can also open it by going to “PC & devices -> Lock screen“.
4. Now scroll down to bottom and you’ll see “Camera” section containing following text information:
f you want to enable use of Camera on Lock Screen, set the option to “On”.
If the option is already set to “On” and if you want to restrict Camera access on Lock Screen, set it to “Off”.
5. Now whenever you are on Lock Screen, swipe down or click and drag the Lock Screen background to bottom and you’ll be able to use Camera app.