This article will helps you regarding how to remove and Add the power Options buttons from start Screen in windows 8.1, Recently Microsoft has updated the much awaited power button on start screen. Now users can quickly and easily access power options such as shutdown, restart, hibernate, sleep, etc right from the Start Screen.
The power button is shown on Windows 8.1 devices that are not tablets such as Desktop PCs, laptops, All-in-one PCs, etc. But touch-enabled devices such as tablets, Surface, etc don’t show this new Power button because these devices already have a physical power button.
If people who are not interested in this power button they can remove this from the start screen and also you can add this when you required. Here in the post you can get the information regarding enable/ disable Power Options on windows 8.1 start screen.
Steps to be Follow
- Initially you need to type regedit in RUN dialog box or Start Screen search box and press Enter. It will open Registry Editor.
- Now you need go to following key HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrent VersionImmersive Shell
- Create a new key launcher under Immersive Shell key, so the final key path will be HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionImmersiveShellLauncher.
- In the below picture at right-side Pane, create a new DWORD Launcher_Show Power Button On Start Screen and keep its value as o.
- That’s it log off or restart your system and Power button will no longer present on Start Screen.
- Similarly if you are interested to add the power button in Windows 8.1 touch-enabled devices such as Surface, etc, simply change the value of Launcher_Show Power Button On Start Screen to 1 and the power button will get added on the start screen upon next login.
Note : If you are not familier with Editor and don’t want to modify Registry yourself, you can download following ready-made Registry script to do the whole task manually here