You want data security on your iPhone and iPad. And want to know how to enable data protection on iPhone and iPad?. The Apple is providing Data Protection for devices which offer the hardware encryption, and also includes the iPhone 3GS and later this was available in all iPad models, and iPod touch (3rd generation and later). The Data protection for the iPhone and iPad has enhanced the inbuilt hardware encryption by protecting the hardware encryption keys with your personal passcode for your device. This feature provides an additional security layer for your email, messages and third-party applications.
Steps to Enable Data Protection on iPhone and iPad –
- Tap Settings > General > Passcode.
- Follow the prompts to create a passcode.
- After the passcode is set, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and verify that “Data protection is enabled” is visible
And if you want a stronger Passcode, then you have to follow these steps –
- From the Settings: General : Passcode Lock screen.
- Switch the Simple Passcode toggle to OFF
- Enter your current 4-digit numeric passcode to verify
- Enter a new, strong alphanumeric passcode
And if you want to check your Data Protection for iPhone and iPad then these steps will very helpful for you
After the Passcode is on your iPhone and iPad then you check it by –
- From the Settings: General: Passcode Lock screen.
- Scroll down to the very bottom and look for the text “Data protection is enabled“
- Use these passcode settings to maximize passcode security
- Set Require Passcode to Immediately.
- Disable Simple Passcode to use longer, alphanumeric passcodes.
- Enable Erase Data to automatically erase the device after ten failed passcode attempts.