If you are using Mozilla Firefox as the default browser and you love spending time on Facebook, then here is the good news for you. Firefox latest version has came up with new feature called Social API, which allow you to access the social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and more right from Firefox browser without the sites in the browser. This new API feature will add the social network buttons and sidebars in the Firefox window which lets you chat with your friends, check the messages, notifications quickly and easily.
If you don’t like social networking sites, then don’t worry, this feature is not enabled by default, but it will be automatically enabled if you access these social networking sites frequently. Bu this may take some time and if you want to turn on this feature immediately then you can do it using the below steps.
How to enable Built-in Facebook Messenger in Firefox
- First you need to go to the official Facebook URL given below to turn on Facebook Messenger in Firefox.
- You need to just click on turn on button in the above link and it will immediately enable Facebook API in Mozilla Firefox browser.
- After turning the Facebook messenger on, it will add the Facebook buttons in the Firefox toolbar and the Facebook chat sidebar in the right side of the Firefox window.
- Facebook buttons in Firefox help you to check notifications, messages and more without need to going to actual Facebook website.
- If you don’t like Facebook chat side bar then you can disable it by clicking on Facebook button present in Firefox toolbar and unchecking Show sidebar option.