BitLocker is the great security feature for Windows 8 and one of the most important single advances in the computer security. It is the must requirement for all the enterprises working on the Windows machines. BitLocker offers the full drive encryption for the removed and fixed drives and offering the protection for the data even when the drive is removed. Follow the below steps to enable BitLocker on Windows 8.
How to enable BitLocker on Windows 8
- Click on the my computer and go to the page where all the drives are shown. Here right click on the drive for which you want to enable the BitLocker and click on Turn on BitLocker.
- You will be taken to the Window “Bit Locker drive encryption” and here tick on “Use password to Unlock the drive” and enter the password and confirm password and click on Next. Make sure that your password is strong, that means it is the combination of upper case and lower case letters, numbers and special characters.
- Now backup your recovery key and save it to the Microsoft account or USB flash drive or you can also print the recovery key.
- After saving the recovery key click on Next.
- Now you will be asked that how much of the drive to encrypt and you are allowed to select the options according to your need and then click on Next.
- Here you will be asked that are you ready to encrypt the drive? Hit on Start encrypting.
- Now drive encryption is started and it takes few minutes. Once it is completed click on close.
- After completing this restart your computer and you will see that your drive is protected by bitlocker.