If you are using Twitter and you want to improve your Twitter account security to prevent from the hackers, then this article is very useful to you. Similar to the Google and Microsoft, Twitter has also introduced the two-step verification feature, which adds the extra security layer for your Twitter account. After enabling this feature you will be asked to enter the unique verification code whenever you try to log in to your Twitter account. This unique verification code is sent to your mobile number which has been registered in your Twitter settings.
Follow the below tutorial to enable the two-step verification feature in your Twitter account.
How to enable 2-step verification in your Twitter account
- First you need to log in to your Twitter account and open the settings page on your account.
- After hitting on settings, scroll down a little and you will find the section Account security which contains the new option Require a verification code when sign in.
- Now enable the option shown below and it will send an SMS to your registered mobile number and test whether Twitter can send the verification code to your mobile number or not.
- It may take few moments and you will receive an SMS on your mobile phone which contains the following text.
Twitter can send verification codes to this device
- If everything is fine, then Twitter will ask you for the current password to confirm the changes. Now enter your password and you have successfully enabled the two-step verification feature in your Twitter account.
From now whenever you try to log in to your Twitter account, it will ask to enter the verification code along with your code which will definitely improves your account security.