Earlier this year launched the very powerful, stylish Galaxy S5 filles all new latest hardware, security features, latest UI and more. Developer are seeing the features and UI, started working to make other smartphones to get the same feel with the help of custom ROM, as a result of their hard work, you have Elite Lite Galaxy S5 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305.
Apart from talking about its UI which is almost similar to S5, it is fast and light weight enough that you will never feel your device started working slow, or will never come across to any bugs etc. As of now the S5 custom ROM is only available for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 but soon it is expected to land for others as well.
So, if you have rooted your device and install any custom recovery (CWM/TWRP) then easily you can go through the process to get this ROM. Else you have to root and install any custom recovery mentioned above.
Things to be done
- Make sure that battery is charged up to 60% before starting the process mentioned below.
- Enable USB debugging mode, Settings->Applications->Developer Options->USB debugging
- Your device must be rooted and installed CWM or TWRP recovery.(I would prefer you to go for CWM recovery).
- Create backup of all your data stored like contacts, messages, and more. Use some backup tool for that which is easily available at Play Store.
- Also, the process is for only Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305, so don’t try this method on any other device.
- Download KitKat 4.4.2 based Elite Lite S5 ROM for Galaxy S3
How to install Elite Lite Galaxy S5 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable. Make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging mode.
- Copy the downloaded file(Elite Lite S5 ROM file) to your device’s SD card, try not to put inside any folder.
- No turn off your device and turn it ON back by pressing Volume Up+Home+Power until you see the Samsung logo.
- Now you are in recovery mode, among several options out there, select Wipe Cache and then Wipe Dalvik Cache(You will find this option under Advance menu).
- Now you need to perform, Wipe Data/Factory reset.
- Now the final thing is to perform, ROM flashing, select ‘install zip from SD card’ and browse the file you have just copied to your device’s SD card.
- Once after completion of the flashing process, reboot your device.
- Wait here for few minutes, at it will take little more time to start up.