Checking your computer is really helpful and also a good through to check the Speed of the internet periodically, If you are having a problem downloading or opening web pages, knowing how to check internet speed is handy for troubleshooting. Keep reading for instructions on checking your speed. This post gives you the information about different ways to check Internet speed Test. There are two methods to check the Internet speed Test. Follow the below steps if you want to check.
1.Check From your Computer
- To check the speed of the Internet in your computer initially you need to connect your PC to the internet.
- Go to start button and in the search bar type Network, Click on the Network and click on the view status to see the Internet Speed.
- If you are using Mac, In mac also you can figure out how much speed your computer is interacting with internet, First thing make sure weather your mac is connected to Internet.
- Then hit Command + F and type active monitor and double click on the application.
- And click on the Network tab to get the information on your peak speed.
2.By using Third Party websites
- Before using this method yo need to close all the application in your system or computer and make sure weather the Computer is connected to Internet.
- Go to online and search for Internet speed Tests in the google, there you will find the number of options and pick the right one.
- Pick just a few to run their tests. Most of the speed test sites will sell something. That in itself is not a big deal. But if you have to wade through offers and prompts to test your PC first before you can run the simple speed test, go to a different website.
- If prompted select a good server which is closer to your location, That way proximity to server won’t be on the shortlist of possible reasons why your internet is running at lower speeds.
- Even you can compare the internet speed with average and also you can see how fast your Internet is running in typical speed, Dial up modem 1 to 40 kbs, DSL or Dial 500 kbs and T-1: 1000+ kbs.
- Now run the internet speeds tests to help the determine whether you are having a problem or just to keep your internet is providing the correct.
- Remember one thing there is no need to call your ISP (Internet service provider) if your speed isn’t exactly what your service agreement says you have. All service varies somewhat from what’s on paper. There are numerous aspects that affect internet speed. The speed of your home connection might well vary from one day to the next, and even throughout the day.