The stable version of very popular CyanogenMod 11 M9 is now available for download for supported smartphones and tablets. In addition to bug fixes and different new features, the latest stable build offers official support for the HTC One M8 and the Xperia Z2 Tablet, Xperia Z2.
This release marks the first ever (non-nightly) release for the Xperia Z2 Tablets ‘castor’, Xperia Z2 ‘sirius’ and the HTC One ‘m8′ – kudos to their maintainers and all the other maintainers that offer you these updates every month!
Here is the complete changelog, according to the official Cyanogenmod Blog post
- Settings Search – Additional improvements and highlighting
- Heads Up Notifications – Bug Fixes
- Lockscreen – Allow doubletap to sleep when using secure keyguard
- Data Usage Info – Add support for CDMA devices without sim cards
- Dialer – add support for Korean and Chinese to smart-dialer
- Bluetooth – Add additional A2DP profiles
- Bluetooth – Disable AVRCP 1.5 by default (fixes various car unit compatibility)
- Themes support for additional UI elements
- Torch – Improve performance
- Email – Fix saving attachments to storage for POP3 accounts
- Safe Headset Volume – prompt when interfering with 3rd party device
- Center clock support
- Account for Play Services induced wake-locks
- Fix encryption on some LG Devices
- Quick Settings – respect locale changes on additional tiles
- Proximity Wake-Up support – prevent accidental wake-up of device by checking to see if proximity sensor is blocked
- Spam notification filtering – Set notifications to auto-ignore based on content. Long-press offending notification to set as ignored; manage in Privacy settings.
HTC One M8 and Xperia Z2 users, are you curious in trying out the latest CyanogenMod now that there is a stable release available? Also what custom ROM you like more? Let us know by commenting below.