Customization is a part to make your device look different than others, now a days almost everyone has some electronic gadgets like smartphone, laptop or PC that allows you to customize in many ways. Changing icons and names are very easy in case you are on Desktop, while in Start Screen section, its like little confusing to do so. Pinning an app, dragging them to other places across the screen is different and known for all but today I am going to show you few steps that help you easily Customize icons and name in Windows 8.1 Start Screen.
So without wasting time lets start the tutorial:
How to Customize icons and name in Windows 8.1 Start Screen
- First of all go to the start menu and select the app or software whose icon you wan to change.
- Now right click on them, you will see several options.
- Select the Open file location
- If you just want to rename the file, just edit the name there in the programs folder. Else you need to follow few more process to get the customized app icon on the start screen.
- To change tile icon, right-click shortcut icon and select “Properties“.
- It will open shortcut properties window. Now click on “Change Icon” button and select desired icon.
- Also if you have custom icon pack stored somewhere in your PC or laptop, just browse them.
- That’s it, you have successfully edited an app icon and label easily.
Share this article among your friends using Windows 8.1.