You always forget the location of your task, which is very important for you. And you want to Create location Based reminder on the iPhone and you don’t know how doing this. Then I will teach you from this article on our blog. The Apple provides its own native reminder app which can help you to create location based reminder on your iPhone. If you want to create the reminder than you to follow some of the steps.
Steps to Create Location based Reminder on iPhone
- First of all you have to initiate with the native Reminders app.
- Now select the Reminders tab, if it is not already selected
- Now you have to tap on a blank space anywhere in the reminders tab. Afterwards, you will see an empty circle and a blinking cursor
- Now type in the name of your location-based reminder. Notice that as soon as you type the first letter, a circle with an “i” inside will appear to the right of the line you’re typing on.
- After you have typed the name of the location-based reminder, tap on the circle with the “i” inside to bring up the “Details” screen.
- Now Scroll down and locate “Remind me at a location“. To the right of it, you will see a lever. After that a slide it to the right to activate the location-based reminder.
- Now on the Underneath “Remind me at a location“, you should see “Location“. Tap on it.
- You may be prompted to give the Reminders app permission to use your current location. Go ahead and give it permission.
- You will be taken to the “Location” screen. Go ahead and type in the address or the contact name of the location you wish to be reminded.
- When the distance radius appeared, either leave the radius in tact or drag it outward according to the distance from the Walmart you wish to be alerted. Note: you can either choose to be alerted when you arrive within the set radius or when you leave the radius. Afterwards, tap on “Details” in the upper left corner of the screen to see the reminder you just set.
- Now for the completion, you have tapped on “Done” in the upper right corner of your iPhone.
Tips for the location based reminder are –
- To set a location, you can use a saved contact location or manually enter an address.
- You can adjust the size of the location alert radius for a reminder.
- Use a specific street address, if possible.
- A Location Services icon will remain in the status bar as long as you have at least one location-based Reminder not marked as complete.
- Location-based Reminders are available on iPhone 4 and later, iPad (4th generation WI-Fi + Cellular), and iPad mini (WI-Fi + Cellular).
Note : Location reminders are not supported by Exchange accounts.