As we now that the Bootable USB is mainly using for the re-installing Microsoft Windows Operating system or recovering from critical errors (like refreshing your PC, etc). So in this article you will get a guide which include all the steps that can help to make an bootable pen drive.
Steps Create a Bootable USB for Windows 10 Operating System-
This manual method requires only 3 steps:
- STEP 1: Format USB drive (optional)
- STEP 2: Mount or extract Windows setup ISO file
- STEP 3: Copy Windows setup files to USB drive
Note : This method can be used to create bootable USB drive of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 Operating System’s. But it is not able to support the Windows XP Operating System.
So without any further delay start the tutorial :
- Prepare USB Drive as Per Requirements– Now format the USB drive using FAT32 or NTFS file system. We recommend formatting the USB drive using NTFS file system for better compatibility with newer Windows versions.
- Mount or Extract Windows Setup ISO Image File- You need to extract all the files from Windows setup ISO. You can extract the files using a file archive software such as 7-Zip, WinRAR, etc.If you are using Windows 8 or later, you don’t need to use any file archive utility, you can directmount the ISO file as a virtual drive in Windows Explorer. You can do this by right-clicking on ISO image file and then selecting “Mount” option.
- It will immediately mount the ISO file of Windows setup as a virtual DVD drive in Windows Explorer.
- Copy Windows Setup Files to USB Drive- Now you just need to copy all files from extracted or mounted Windows ISO to your USB drive.
- You have successfully made a bootable USB drive which can be used for all purposes such re-installing your Windows