This article explains about how to change file extension on Android Operating system, There are many reasons to change the File extensions. Let me explain with example clearly if suppose you wants to change the file called documents.apk ti documents.zip. If you are using a device like phone, tablet which runs on android operating system and you wants to change the extension of the file in your device, you might have a question in your mind that this extension is possible in android or not? The answer is yes it is possible to change the extension in your Android Operating System device.
To change the extension it is very simple and easy in the Android, The thing you need to do is you need to install file manager application in your device. The Most File managers available in Google play store includes
- File manager
- Astro File manager
- X-plore file manager
- ES file manager and many more
Download any one of this application from Google play store of you device and install it. Follow the below steps to change the file extension
- Initially open the application and navigate to file extension for which you wants to change the extension.
- Long press on the file name which you wants to change.
- There select edit/rename and change the file extension.
- Once you are done with this tap ok
- That’s it you are done with the file extension.