Box is the popular online file sharing and the personal cloud content management service for the business purposes. Today Box cloud storage Android app has received a significant update with many new features and the most notable feature is mobile support for the Box Notes. Now Box users don’t need to go to the PC and open the web browser to create, view and edit those portable documents. The newly added editor can handle the basic formatting, creating the bullet lists and essentials. The update now gives you the power to create the checklists both on web and in the app.
With the new version of the app users now can see their 25 most recently opened files in the single list for the easy access. This may save some time for the users for searching the same files again and again.
- Introducing new Box Notes feature to Android and includes the ability to italic, bold, underline, bullet, indent, outdent, number list and cut/copy option.
- Most recently opened flies list.
- New options for the shared links, set expiration dates and prevent downloading.
- New client settings which admins can control, opening into other apps, copy/paste and automatic content uploading.
- Ability to pull to refresh the folder list.
- Box for EMM is now available upon request.
- Ability to delete the comments on the files.
Above features are joined by the new options for the shared links, in addition to the already existing permission level settings, you can now set the expiration dates or prevent others from downloading your files from the app. This latest update also adds the new languages, enterprise related changes and some tweaks and bug fixes.