Are you a Linux Operating system user, and finding some of the Photo editing software, which will be run on the Linux OS. So, I can help you, by offering the best image editing tools which are available in the market and beneficial for you. In this article of the blog you will get complete range of Image editors which are famous as well as free and some premium software also, that can enhance your quality of the image.
List of Photo Editing Software for Linux are –
The Darktable is an open source photography workflow application and RAW developer. This software has a virtual light table and darkroom for photographers. It also able to manage your digital negatives in its database. With the help of this image editor you can create raw images and also enhanced them. If you want more information for this software, then you can to this link : http://www.darktable.org/
Features of Darktable are –
- The Darktable runs on GNU/Linux / GNOME, Mac OS X / macports and Solaris 11 / GNOME.
- Fully non-destructive editing.
- All Darktable core functions operate on 4×32-bit floating point pixel buffers, enabling SSE instructions for speedups. It offers GPU acceleration via OpenCL (runtime detection and enabling) and has built-in ICC profile support: sRGB, Adobe RGB, XYZ and linear RGB.
- A collect module allows you to execute flexible database queries, search your images by tags, image rating (stars), color labels and many more. Filtering and sorting your collections within the base query or simple tagging by related tags are useful tools in your everyday photo workflow.
- Import a variety of standard, raw and high dynamic range image formats (e.g. jpg, cr2, hdr, pfm, .. ).
- The Darktable has a zero-latency, full-screen, zoom-able user interface through multi-level software caches.
- Tethered shooting.
- Darktable currently comes with 18 translations: Albanian, Catalan, simplified Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian and Thai.
- The powerful export system supports Picasa webalbum, flickr upload, disk storage, 1:1 copy, email attachments and can generate a simple html-based web gallery. darktable allows you to export to low dynamic range (JPEG, PNG, TIFF), 16-bit (PPM, TIFF), or linear high dynamic range (PFM, EXR) images.
- The Darktable software, is also used both XMP sidecar files as well as its vast database for saving metadata and processing settings. All Exif data is read and written using libexiv2.
The GIMP stands for the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring in the Linux operating system. With the help of this image editor software, you can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc. If you want to download and wants more information, then you can visit on this link : http://www.gimp.org
Feature of GIMP –
- Full suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, etc.
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing
- Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool
- Load and save animations in a convenient frame-as-layer format
- MNG support
- Frame Navigator (in GAP, the GIMP Animation Package)
- Full alpha channel support
- Layers and channels
- Multiple Undo/Redo (limited only by diskspace)
- Editable text layers
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip
- Selection tools including rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy
The Photivo is a free and open source (GPL3) photo processor software for the Linux Operating system. With the help of this photo editor software, you can handle the RAW files, bitmap files (TIFF, JPEG, BMP, PNG and many more) in a non-destructive 16 bit processing pipe with gimp workflow integration and batch mode. This software will offer you the most flexible and powerful de-noise, sharpen and local contrast (fake HDR) algorithms in the open source world. For download and more information regarding to this Photo editor tool, you can visit on this link : http://photivo.org/
Features of Photivo –
- Major overhaul of the file manager
- Added aspect ratio options for 2560×1080 wallpapers
- When resizing width and height can now be set individually
- Thumbnail images can be loaded like “full” images
- New command line option –pts to load a settings file. Can also be combined with loading an image.
- Renamed command line option -g to –load-and-delete for more clarity.
- Ctrl+Shift+C and Ctrl+Shift+V to copy/paste settings to/from clipboard.
- Reset settings to startup default (Ctrl+Shift+R) or last saved (Ctrl+Shift+U).
- Previous/Next buttons on the bottom panel to switch to previous/next image in the current folder.
- Options to show only raw files/only bitmaps in the file manager.
The digiKam is one of the best Photo/image editor software for the Linux operating system. This software is specially designed for the Photographers. The most appealing fact of this photo editor software here is that the project is open-source, and there is a lot of community support behind it. The digiKam is able to support all the major image file formats and this has also organized the collections of photographs in directory-based albums, or dynamic albums by date, timeline, or by tags. Users can also add captions and ratings to their images. If you want to download and download the software, then you can visit on this link : https://www.digikam.org/
Features of digiKam :
- Face detection and recognition support
- XMP sidecar support
- Reverse geocoding
- Image versioning
- Pick Labels & Color Labels support to improve photographic Work-flow
- Red eye removal with color management and special digiKam effects
The Pinta is a free, open source drawing/editing program modeled after Paint.NET for the Linux Operating system users. It’s the Linux equivalent of Paint for Windows. You get tools for drawing, editing, modifying, and even adjustments that allow to enhance the feel and look of your photos. With this image editor user’s will get a simple yet powerful way to draw and manipulate images on Linux, Mac, and Windows. Want to know more about this image editor and you can also download for your system, then go to this link : http://pinta-project.com/
Features of Pinta :
- Unlimited undo history.
- Multiple language support.
- Flexible toolbar arrangement, including floating as windows or docking around the image edge.
- Many color adjustment tools are available
- Drawing tools are present in the kit