One of the more helpful applications for our Windows Phones are equipped to help us get where we have to go. Navigation Apps are rather less in numbers in the Windows Phone Store compared to Play Store or iStore.
We investigate for gimmick rich Navigation app to check whether you can get away with a free route application or if you are ready to go for paid apps for this purpose. Let’s go through the latest and popular third-party Navigation apps that will help you to find your way on the go. However, Microsoft provides in-built Nokia Here Map app which is really very useful even if you are offline if your phone supports GPS feature. But still if you want to get some other best one then check the list of best Navigation Apps for Windows Phone and grab one.
Best Navigation Apps for Windows Phone
One of the most reviewed and downloaded third-party Navigation app on Windows Phone, developed by One Maps. You can easily explore new places, discover local favorites, and navigate your world with Google Maps. You can even command the using voice instructions and more. The map has very easy-to-use design for Windows Phone users.
- Get where you need to go quickly with car directions, or try public transit, and walking directions
- Rich 3D maps with compass mode give you a more realistic sense of what’s around
- Find out what the holdup is with live traffic updates & incident reports from Waze
- Discover the perfect spot for any occasion with photos, local reviews and simple 5-star ratings from Google+ users
- Tour cities with stunning, 360-degree Street View and see inside restaurants, museums and more
Here comes another gmaps that allows you to find your way in an unknown street or city. See the above app has also same name but the gMaps ie totally different to the above one. However, this is not much popular but it provides clean and decent UI that helps you even more to get clearer view of streets, places and more. Look at below the main features of gMaps.
- Imperial/Metric units autodetect and switch
- Share map or place by sms, email, etc
- Find your location on the map and track current speed
- Driver mode (rotation, directions, auto-reroute)
- Compass support
- Directions (car, bicycle, public transit or walk)
- Ultimate Street View (360-degree, panoramic, ability to move)
- Route to contact
- My Places (favorites, pinned, recent)
- Night mode
- Layers support (street, satellite, traffic, bike, weather, etc)
- Search for venues using powerful local search
- Routes, alternative routes and restrictions, multiple waypoints, integration with 3rd party apps
- Discover (advanced categorized customizable local search)
Maps look almost similar to the Nokia Here Maps which you get pre-installed on your Windows Phone. Also its works very fine and smooth with low memory as well. That is the reason why I have listed this app here. Also there is a reason to use this app rather than the stock one because Nokia removes the Bing Maps launcher from all Lumia phones and replaces it with the HERE Maps app. To download this app straight to your device then click on the download link below.
Here comes a funny way to find the way, Waze is a fun, community based mapping, traffic & navigation app available for Windows Phone users, with millions of drivers from across the world joining forces to save time, gas money, outsmart traffic, and improve daily commuting for all. Before going to the download link first checkout the main features of Waze navigation app.
Features of Waze app
- Complete voice guided navigation
- One tap navigation to Facebook events.
- See Facebook friends driving to the same place
- Live maps, constantly edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes
- Earn points and move up the ranks in your community as you contribute road info
- Finds the cheapest gas station along your route
- Notify someone you’re on your way by sending a live ETA and a link showing you as you drive