If travelling is your one of the passions, Or you are searching the best navigation apps for your android smartphones. These navigation apps are very helpful, and always provides the correct path. These apps are very helpful, when you are new in town. Then this time you will get the best navigation apps which are available in the Android a platform.
List of Best Navigations Apps for Android Phones
Google Maps –
Google Maps is on the best navigation app in the Android platform. It is the free mapping solution which provided by Google. The Google Maps app has a feature of navigating from point A to point B which is very simple and easy to understand. It comes with 2D, 3D and indoor maps which helps users find places nearby. Google Maps comes with many options such as search for places, calculate travel time, directions. It comes with voice which guided turn by turn GPS and helps to find out public transport, restaurants, multiplex, hospital and many more things. Users can save the location in favorite option for further use. You can download the app from here!
- Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
- Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
- Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 towns and cities
- Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
- Detailed information on more than 100 million places
- Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
MapFactor : GPS Navigation
The MapFactor is a free GPS Navigation app in the Android platform. It is turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for Android phones and tablets using OpenStreetMaps data. Maps are installed on the SD card so there is no need for an Internet connection when traveling. Map and app updates are FREE every month. The MapFactor also makes the popular NavigatorFREE for PC, Pocket PC and WinCE. You can download this app from here!
- 2D/3D mode allows realistic visual map display
- Day/night modes switch color schemes for day or night time driving
- The Map rotates in driving direction, or north up
- Cross-border routing without the need to switch between countries or to a less detailed map
- Add your own favorite locations and routes
- Routing modes for car, pedestrian, truck
- Route avoidance – block off certain road from your route
GPS Navigation BE-ON-ROAD
This app is available free to download. This app provides you, free offline turn-by-turn navigation based on OpenStreetMaps. The Maps of the app are updated multiple times per year and can be stored on your device, or SD card. By the help of these, you can drive anywhere with the most recent maps even without the internet connection. This navigation is able to support up to 33 languages which makes more comfortable to the user. You can download the app from here!
- GPS / Glonass ready
- Speed limit warnings
- Fixed speed camera warnings (available in selected countries only)
- 3D buildings
- Lane guidance
- Large POI database
- Pedestrian, car, or even bee-line navigation
- Night mode based on local sunset time
- Track recording
Navfree : Free GPS Navigation
In the Android platform Navfree is an entirely free navigation app with no hidden charges which offers spoken and on-screen instructions, offline map use and step-by-step directions.
The Navfree takes help to address search and live search through Google and Microsoft Bing. Maps are stored on users Smartphone by which no continuous data connection is needed during driving. It also allows users to browse maps anytime, anywhere with any data cost, by which costly roaming. The Navfree uses high-quality, open-source map information from OpenStreetMap which is being created by 4,00,000 users around the world. You can download this app from here!
- Automatic zooming function during travelling.
- Search by exact address and Pincode
- Maps browsing are done by dragging and scrolling.
- Day and night lights switch automatically
- Multiple guidance is available between toggle between 2D, 3D and safety screen mode.
OsmAnd+ Maps & Navigation
It is a paid app. The OsmAnd+ (OSM Automated Navigation Directions) is an app with access to the free, worldwide, and high-quality OpenStreetMap (OSM) data. All map data of the app, can be stored on your device’s memory card for the offline user. This app is available at a price of $7.99. The OsmAnd app is open source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. You can download the app from here!
- The maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities.
- Special routing and display modes for bike and pedestrian.
- Optional public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names.
- Works online (fast) or offline (no roaming charges when you are abroad)
- Turn-by-turn voice guidance (recorded and synthesized voices)
- Optional lane guidance, street name display, and estimated time of arrival
- Supports intermediate points on your itinerary
- Automatic re-routing whenever you deviate from the route
- Search for places by address, by type (e.g.: restaurant, hotel, gas station, museum), or by geographical coordinates
- Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
- Save your most important places as Favorites
- Display POIs (point of interests) around you
- Can display specialized online tile maps
- Can display a satellite view (from Bing)
- Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
- Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
- Share your location so that your friends can find you