While some web ads are subtle, others are truly irritating. In case you’re burnt out on seeing web ads, you can introduce adblock extensions in your browser and block those irritating ads for always.
Mandatory notice: blocking ads keeps web distributers from supporting themselves, advertisement income is the thing that pays the bills for sites like this one and incalculable others.
Here below are some basic do‘s and don‘ts for which you should follow before going through the extensions for which we are here basically.
- Do consider using ad blockers in limited bandwidth situations, including iPhone and smartphone tethering with data transfer limits, locations with weak internet connectivity, etc.
- Do use ad blockers on the webs seedier neighborhoods – this is particularly vital for Windows users as it can help in preventing malware.
- Don’t use ad blockers on websites you like and want to support.
Best extensions for Chrome and Firefox to block ads
Google Chrome ads block extensions
The most popular Chrome extension, with over 15 million users! Used to blocks ads all over the web. Get AdBlock for Chrome to block all ads on all web pages, even Youtube, Hulu and Facebook. The same adblock is available for Safari and Opera browser. Here are the features added according to the version of Adblock for Google Chrome browser.
- New in version 2.5: Blocks ads in ALL videos and in ALL Flash games across the web!
- New in version 2.4: More than twice as fast, while using less memory per tab!
- New in version 2.3: Adds an optional toolbar button to control AdBlock!
- New in version 2.1: Translated into dozens of languages!
- New in version 2.0: Ads are blocked from downloading, instead of just being removed after the fact!
AdBlock Plus (ABP) is also one of the most popular adblockers available for Google Chrome and other browsers. ABP offers a quick setup, loading preset filter lists that let users to quickly block almost all the ads, as well as the feature to filter malware and social media buttons. AdBlock Plus allows what it calls “non-intrusive advertising” through filters, which may irk some users, though this can be disabled in settings as well.
Adblock Plus for Google Chrome blocks:
- All other obtrusive ads
- YouTube video ads
- Facebook advertisements
Download AdBlock Plus
A free adblock tool for Chrome: Blocks annoying video ads on YouTube, Facebook ads, banners and much more.It works automatically: just download it from the given link and then visit your favorite website and see the ads disappear!
Features of AdBlock:
- Adblock Premium Features
- Add block by yourself
Download AdBlock Super
Mozilla Firefox ads block extensions
This is one the most popular ad block plugin to exist with over 120 million downloads in Firefox browser. Highly effective, customizable down to individual adservers and ads, domain exclusions, it has all these options. My personal favorite because it hides CSS divs that contained the ads as well, which removes a lot of the white space that other ad blocking tools cause.
Download AdBlock Plus
Here are some other add-ons that you can use in your Firefox browser to make any webpage ad free.
Use these extensions on your browser to see a webpage clean and ad free. Leave a comment if you want to suggest some other adblock for Chrome and Firefox.