BlackBerry has made BBM available to all the Windows Phone users. Earlier it was available to only the Windows Phone Developers only in US. BlackBerry has announced on its blog that, “BBM is now available to download in the Microsoft’s Windows Phone Store”. Until now, BBM for Windows Phone was accessible only through the invitation, which leaves many users out of the loop.
This BBM beta for Windows Phone for the public would appear different that the version released for the Windows Phone developers for testing. In any case, this public beta version is probably the one that BlackBerry is allowing any Windows Phone users to try out. Here are the few features and quick description of BBM 184.108.40.206.
- Chat with BBM contacts of any platform like Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry.
- Ability to know when the messages have been delivered and Read.
- Quickly share the media files like photos, BBM Contacts, voice notes and your location.
- Users can also see when the contacts are responding to your messages.
- Features the emoticons for every mood and they let you express yourself.
Here is what the BlackBerry is offering with BBM for Windows Phone users.
- BBM Chats : The chats page in the BBM app displays all your chats including the individuals, groups and the multiple users. The notifications will pop up when the messages are delivered and when other person reads it.
- BBM Groups : The Group feature in the BBM app allows you to add up to 50 people in a single chat.
- BBM Feeds : This feeds feature allows you to check the status of your BBM contacts. To initiate the chat tap on the name of the contact from this feature.
- Find Friends : Find the other people using BBM and invite them to the contact list without need to exit the app. You can share your PIN to connect with the other people so you don’t need to give the email address or phone number.
- Pin Start : You can Pin your BBM groups and the individual chats to the start screen for the easier access.