Apple has updated its official App store developers review Guidelines to outline the requirements for iOS 8 applications to outline the requirements for iOS 8 applications that will make use of the new Health Kit, Home Kit, Test Flight, and Extensions services. This update indicates that Apple is planning to release iOS 8, the next generation mobile operating system for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch ahead of the September 9th Apple Media Event.
Apple will provide developers with a golden master seed of iOS 8 on the day of the event, according to sources with knowledge of the plans. The review guidelines are a living documents that list reasons that App Store apps could be rejected. Below are the full lists for Health Kit, Home Kit, Test Flight, and Extensions, There are some more points to which are shown below
- The applications using Health kit Frame work stores the health details in iCloud will be rejected, This may reduce fears of intruders being able to access a users health care, especially after the scandal surrounding the leak of celebrity photos potentially stored in iCloud.
- Even apps will be rejected if it shares the user data acquired via the health kit API with third parties with out user consent.
- Apps provided diagnoses, treatment advice or control hardware designed to diagnose or treat medical conditions must provide written regulatory approval or else it will be rejected.
- If Apps are using the data gathered from the Home Kit API for advertising or other use based data mining, the same deal with HealthKit.
Apple has updated the guild lines to say that it your application is plain creepy, it may not be accepted, To over come this you have to follow the guild lines given below :
- If you don’t provide any Apps hosting extensions must provide some functionality then it will be rejected.
- Apps hosting extensions must comply with the App Extension programming guide.
- In the app extensions if you include any marketing, advertising, or in-app purchases in their extension view will be rejected.
- Keyboard Extensions must provided method for providing next keyboard and also it must provide the functionality with network access.
- It wont be rejected if you provide Number and the decimal keyboard types as described in the app Extension programming Guide.
- Apps may only use the Test Flight to test the beta apps intended for public distribution and must comply with the full App Review Guidelines.
- Apps using the test Flight must be submitted for review when ever a build contains material changes to content or functionality.
- Applications using the test flight may not be distributed to testers in exchange for compension of any kind.
The guidelines of Home kit and Health kit are similiar as I mentioned in the above first four points, stay tune for more information.